Friday 28 October 2016

DELL led monitor now repaired

Hi dear-repair friends wel-come again.

Today let me  reveal how i repaired  dead DELL Led monitor. Below is one came to repair brought one of my repair friend.
Usually i am getting  equipments for repair not only from end customer  but also  from other repair center.

ONE CAME FOR REPAIR BACK REMOVED
Since this monitor came from other repair bench i should ignore basic testings.Such kind of cases is not so easy to solve we need to think beyond basic.

Yes,what my concern guessed is correct.When i opened the chassis back cover & PCB some other technicians already worked on it.Many symptoms like loose screw,partially re-work on PCB etc can make out basic sections already checked.Now, i should consider this as a special case & should think beyond basics.
As per basic thumb rule i have gone for voltage testing methods to catch the culpirt.
Tested all the primary side voltages like big capacitor voltages,startup voltages etc found normal.Finally i suspected the power ic may be the cause for equipment dead.

Yes,my suspection is correct,There is a dead shorts between drain & source at TOP258PN.






Cross checked to conform through my FLUKE Meter in ohms range.






Pls go through the circuit below for your reference.Purchased the IC TOP258PN from the market,Replaced the same.



Powered on the monitor after replacing the Power IC TOP258PN .Happy to see the DELL OSD in the monitor.My operation is sucess delevered the coustmer who felt very happy after receiving this.


                                                     Monitor on after Repair
This is how i repaired dell monitor & one of the repair success story.Meet you in the coming section with one more interesting topic.Take care

Regards
Basavaraj:BM
basavarajradiotech @gmail. Com

11 comments:

  1. Great analysis......πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great analysis......πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I power my dell monitor, monitor goes power off after 2/3 mints. After open the plug and reconnect the plug power come again and power off again. What can I do for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same problem in my Dell IN monitor, replace the TOP258N it will cost 1$

      Delete
    2. Same problem in my Dell IN monitor, replace the TOP258N it will cost 1$

      Delete
    3. Same problem in my Dell IN monitor, replace the TOP258N it will cost 1$

      Delete
  4. Fantastic blog you have here. You’ll discover me looking at your stuff often. Saved! www.gecey.com/monitor/waterproof-monitor/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top258n ke pas kon sa zener daood lgarahta h mere bord ka sort h or me use find nhi kar pa rha hu uska no kya h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear I too facing same,value of zener diode at top258PN I want to know

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Acer 166 monitor,I replaced top258pn and found a zener at ic pin was short,I placed a 9 volt tener but don't know the real value,although supply is operate but 12 volt are fluctuating as 9 10 11 12

    ReplyDelete